You are ready now to help your community become a Come Alive Outside Community, and you’re wondering how to go about it.
Here are the first steps you can take:
- Find a cause.
- Make a public presentation to a community group encouraging others to Come Alive Outside.
- Develop your Come Alive Outside (CAO) Team, hold an initial meeting and identify a cause.
- Meet with your CAO Team to finalize a plan and prepare your presentation points for local government.
- Present to your local government.
- Proceed with your project.
- Celebrate your success.
- After your first project, REFLECT.
- Contact JP Horizons (440) 352-8211 for help or share your successes on the Come Alive Outside website.
- Define your short-term and long-term goals.
- Stay in contact with your local media.
- Be sure to make this a “community movement.”
- Start organizing your next event or set your next goal.
- Revisit your goals and objectives.
- Where do you go from here? The rest is up to YOU!
For more information about each of the steps above, please check out this document on How to Become a Come Alive Outside Community.