There is a great article titled “Stay Active Outdoors this Winter with Snow Sports” on the Cleveland Clinic Wellness 360-5 website. Here you can read about the following winter activities:
- Snowshoeing – ideal for families and is a great low-impact cardiovascular exercise
- Cross-country skiing – one of the best allover body workouts
- Winter hiking – no special equipment needed and resistance of snow makes it more of a cardiovascular challenge than summer hiking
- Ice skating – cardiovascular and strengthening activity that feels more like play than a workout
- Skate skiing – a cross between ice skating and cross-country skiing
There is also a great video on their page about winter sports, so make sure to click on it while there.
Here is the link to the article “Stay Active Outdoors this Winter with Snow Sports.”