Steve Mouzon, Landscape Architect, Designer and New Urbanist
Date: Monday, February 25, 2013
Time: 3:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time
Steve Mouzon shares his expertise as an architect, designer and New Urbanist to highlight specific patterns and design elements that encourage people to Come Alive Outside. The professional landscape industry has enormous potential to enhance the well-being of individuals, families and communities simply by designing landscapes that are more loveable and livable. In this webinar, Jim Paluch and Steve will take a look at some design patterns that entice people to Come Alive Outside in residential, commercial and community spaces.
- How does design affect behavior?
- What are the specific rules of thumb for creating livable outdoor rooms in a residential landscape?
- What patterns in a commercial design project allow for people to engage with the outdoors even during a regular workday?
- How do interactive civic green spaces act as a springboard for creating more active and healthy communities?
- What are some guidelines for creating community spaces that people can interact with?
This webinar is the first episode in which the discussions will center on how to Draw People into the Landscape. This is one of the unique opportunities that the professional landscape industry has to help the world Come Alive Outside!
If you missed the live webinar, you can view the recording here.