Seeking local artists to paint (or collage) their own nature-themed designs on world-class Monos luggage! Luggage will be auctioned off to raise funds for Come Alive Outside’s new outdoor gear library!
If you are an artist at any level who would like to craft your own suitcase, email [email protected]
Artists are given the option to paint a large, medium, or carry-on sized luggage (as available). There are different colors for the luggage.
The artist will select the luggage that “speaks to them” when they pick it up in person.
- Can be any age
- Can be amateurs, professionals or in between
- Choose their own medium
- Artists of all ages encouraged to participate
- Artist is responsible for supplies and choosing their medium
- All completed pieces must be returned by October 6
- Artist selects a piece of luggage for themselves as a thank you
- Theme: Nature/Outdoors
Artists should email [email protected] to determine a time to pick up the luggage.
The auction will run October 14-27. We will ship luggage to the winning bidder, but shipping is an additional cost (est. cost$30/item).
- Pieces are grade B Monos products meaning they have never been used, are overstocked or may have minor cosmetic flaws.
- Aerospace-grade, water-resistant, German polycarbonate hard shell
- Adjustable telescopic handle with 4 height settings
- Luxuriously soft 350D anti-microbial interior fabric
- Ultra-microfibre vegan leather details
- TSA-approved combination lock
- Colour-coordinated YKK reverse coil zippers
- Built-in compression pad
- Carry On: Exterior measurements: 23″ × 15″ × 9.5″/Interior measurements: 21″ × 14.5″
- Medium-Check: Exterior measurements: 26.5″ × 18.5″ × 10.5″/Interior measurements: 24.4″ × 17.7
- Large-Check: Exterior measurements: 30″ × 21″ × 11″/Interior measurements: 28″ × 20.5″
- Retail Value of each piece is between $245-$345
Tips For Artists:
- Artists may choose to use an medium they choose. However, other organizations doing similar projects have used acrylic paint and leather acrylic paint and then sealed it with a liquid paint finisher or spray sealant and finally followed with a waterproofing spray
- Prior to painting use a small amount of isopropyl alcohol to remove any dust from the vegan leather
I don’t live near Rutland, VT but I want to participate. Can you mail me a bag?
Unfortunately, because it costs between $20-$50 to mail the bags, we cannot cover the cost to mail the bag to you and then pay for it to be mailed back.
I really like my bag I created. Can I keep it?
If you fall in love with your own work, you can donate $50 to Come Alive Outside to keep your luggage and artwork.
I want to participate, but I can’t afford to pay for the art supplies. What should I do?
This is a fundraiser for Come Alive Outside and we do not have the budget to pay for all artists’ supplies. However, if you are experiencing financial hardship and want to beautify a bag, please contact Arw[email protected] and we will do our best to help you out.
Do I have to be a “real” artist to participate?
We all have something creative to share with the world. We just ask that our artists are intentional, thoughtful and take the time needed to make their piece meaningful.