The contest is now finished to see the winning entries, CLICK HERE!
We believe that the experiences we have and the memories we make outdoors as children have a lasting impact on us for the rest of our lives. Whether it’s the oak tree that you used to play under with your friends or the camping trips you took with your family, bike rides through the city or fishing trips on the weekends; the plethora of experiences that we can have in the great outdoors makes a lasting impact on who we are as people. The Come Alive Outside Movement was founded on the premise that today’s world has moved indoors, and we need more people making more memories outside again. If you agree and you appreciate all of the outdoor experiences you had growing up, please help us spread the word!
We want to hear your stories! Because stories are always better when they are told to someone, this is a conversation contest. Have a conversation with your parents, grandparents or other close, older relatives and friends about outdoor memories and then submit it to us so we can share it with the world. Reminisce about what you used to do together when you were young. Find out what their favorite outdoor place to hang out was when they were growing up. The possibilities of such conversations are endless and the insight is priceless! Get the details. Try to get specific memories and stories. Be sure to talk about how those childhood experiences have shaped and continued to influence your life! Use the opportunity to get some stories from a loved one that you may never have heard before. All of your stories will become part of an online archive and will help us all to inspire each other to Come Alive Outside! You also have the chance to win some cash if your conversation is selected to be featured on ComeAliveOutside.com.
There are a few rules for participating:
1) It has to be a conversation between at least two people.
2) There are no limits to the length of the conversation. But try to submit less than 150o words.
3) You should record the conversation and then write it out as accurately as possible. Please don’t just paraphrase it and write out a story. We’re looking for transcripts of conversations in all of their glory. Please feel free to edit and select the best parts of your conversation for submission, but do not alter the format. For an example, click here. For help finding recording software for your computer, click here. For a list of sample questions to help you get the conversation started, click here.
4) You must submit a verification photo of at least one (and preferably all) of the participants in the conversation. In order to verify that each participant only submits one entry, please hold up a sign with the words, “Come Alive Outside” printed clearly in large letters. Please take the picture outdoors in a place where you love to Come Alive Outside!
5) You must submit the verification photo and a transcript of your conversation via email to email@example.com with the subject line “Conversation Contest” by May 13th. In the email, please include your name, the names of the participants in the conversation and the relationship between you. Also include your contact information when you submit your entry, so that we can contact you if you are one of the winners. We promise not to contact you unless you are a winner or use your information for any other purpose.
6) The top three entries will be selected and featured on ComeAliveOutside.com on May 17th. All other entries will be accessible in an archive on ComeAliveOutside.com. If you do not want us to use your real names when posting your stories to the website, or if you are not willing to have your conversation added to the archive, please specify when you send in your submission.