The Come Alive Outside Design Challenge creates the opportunity for college, high school, elementary and pre-school students to work together with landscape professionals to design and build engaging outdoor learning environments at schools and childcare facilities.
We are very proud to announce these teams led by horticulture and landscape design students at BYU-Idaho, NC State and Oregon State as our Finalists in the 2015 Design Challenge. The judging process is currently underway and you can be a part of it! The winners will be determined through a combination of scores from a professional Judging Panel and the results of a popular vote. The teams are being judged on the following criteria:
1) The design encourages interaction with the space using all five senses.
2) The initial phase of the design can be built on a budget of $5000.
3) The design creates a habitat for wildlife.
4) The design integrates the creative input of the children who will be using it.
5) The design creates a functional space that teachers can use with their classes.
The winning team will receive $1000 to go towards the construction of the project. Click on the buttons below to view the designs created by each team and then take a minute to vote for your favorite in the sidebar to the right!