Hicks Landscape has held a contest two years in a row to encourage young people to Come Alive Outside by raising money for their schools to begin an outdoor project on Earth Day. In 2013, they held a t-shirt contest and in 2014, they held a poster contest.
Hicks Landscape wants to encourage area students who are future leaders and responsible citizens to take action in their own schools and promote the green areas around them. They also want to encourage:
- Service learning projects in the community
- Promoting the nature around us and appreciating it
- Developing pride among peers
- Creating or enhancing a green space that everyone can enjoy
- Finding the beauty in Mother Nature
Hicks Landscape awarded three monetary prizes for the poster contest. First place received $2,500, second place received $1,000 and third place received $500.
You can read more about the poster contest on Hicks Landscape’s website.