Join Our Team
We are currently hiring a Part-Time Program Coordinator in Rutland County, Vermont. If you are interested in joining our team, please contact us!
PROGRAM COORDINATOR, RUTLAND COUNTY – POSITION DESCRIPTION
Come Alive Outside is a 501c3 nonprofit founded in 2014 that works closely with partners in healthcare, public health, outdoor recreation and the landscape profession in order to get people off the couch and back outside in communities across North America. Our mission is to inspire collaborative community systems that create the awareness, intention and opportunity for people to live healthier lives outside.
This position is responsible for supporting the Mile a Day Walking Challenges and Outdoor Passports with Rutland County residents. The position reports directly to the Come Alive Outside Program Director.
- Great people skills including the ability to inspire others to be excited about an idea.
- Good written communication skills and ability to send professional emails.
- Well-organized and ability to manage a project from start to finish.
- Self-starter and the ability to formulate and implement solutions to problems.
- Passion for spending time in the great outdoors and helping others live healthier lives!
- Coordinate physical activity programs for Rutland County residents emphasizing walking, bicycling, nature, and outdoor activities.
- Work with community partners, such as those in nutrition, recreation, workplace wellness, fitness/health experts, to enhance programming.
- Expose Rutland County residents to additional physical activity resources and events to improve their health outcomes.
- Provide leadership in planning, developing, and coordinating these programs to maximize the measurable, positive impact on the lives of participants.
- Mile a Day Walking Challenge:
- Effectively implement Mile a Day Walking Challenge components; weekly newsletters, group walks, and kick-off/finale events.
- Evaluate the program and help modify program design as needed to improve outcomes.
- Outdoor Passports Program:
- Assist with promotion and distribution of passports in Rutland and Addison Counties.
- Manage outreach efforts with participating schools and community partners to increase participation in the program.
- Manage wrap-up of the program including evaluation through surveys of students and parents.
- 10-20 hrs/week
- Based at Come Alive Outside office in Rutland, VT.
- Normal working hours 9am-5pm Monday through Friday with some evenings or weekend work as required to complete projects or events.
- $15-$20/hour DOE
Please email your cover letter and résumé to Arwen@comealiveoutside.com by Tuesday, January 28th with the subject line: Program Coordinator. All applicants will be contacted by February 1st.