Join Our Team
We are currently hiring a new Executive Director to work beside our current team and guide the continued growth of the organization. If you are interested in joining our team, please contact us!
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Come Alive Outside’s staff, fundraising, expansion and execution of its mission. She or he will develop a deep knowledge of core programs, operations and strategic plan of the organization. Based in Rutland, Vermont.
Leadership and Management
- Work hand in hand with the Program Director to ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence in Vermont and Ontario, as well as program expansion to other communities in the U.S. and Canada.
- Develop, maintain, and support a strong board of directors; serve as ex-officio of each committee, seek and build board involvement with strategic direction for both ongoing local operations as well as for national expansion.
- Oversee development and implementation of systems to track progress towards strategic objectives and regularly evaluate performance of employees towards these objectives including Program Director and Regional Program Coordinators.
Fundraising and Communications
- Expand local and regional fundraising activities to support existing program operations and expansion within operating regional hubs.
- Expand national fundraising activities through grant writing and corporate partnerships to support growth of national programs and expansion to an additional regional hub by 2020.
- Oversee PR and communications strategy to increase visibility of local and national programs through web presence, social media and traditional media outlets.
Evaluation and Administration
- Oversee implementation of all aspects of current strategic plan including execution of annual objectives for programs, capacity and funding.
- Work with accountant and finance committee to monitor and assess financial position and performance against budgeted goals for revenue and expenses.
- Support Program Director with data-driven evaluation of programs and provide financial statements for grant reports.
- Manage HR responsibilities to support employees including managing payroll and benefits.
The ED will be thoroughly committed to and passionate about Come Alive Outside’s mission. All candidates should have proven leadership and fundraising experience. Experience and other qualifications include:
- Three years of senior management experience at a non-profit organization.
- Strong fundraising experience including past success in writing and managing grants, as well as establishing and maintaining relationships with individual and corporate donors.
- Track record of effectively leading and scaling a performance and outcomes-based organization and staff.
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation.
- Excellence in organizational management with ability to coach staff, set and achieve strategic objectives and manage a budget.
- Past success working with a board of directors to engage and utilize the expertise of board members through a meaningful and well-integrated committee structure.
- Proficient in Quickbooks and Microsoft Office.
- Passionate and action-oriented entrepreneurial mindset with ability to think and dream big!
- Permanent, Full-time
- Monday through Friday with some evenings or weekend work as required.
- This position requires regular travel within the U.S. and Canada.
- Based at Come Alive Outside office in Rutland, VT.
- Learn more about the area at: www.realrutland.com
Remuneration and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Monthly stipend for health insurance.
- Three weeks of paid time off.
- Stipend for relocation expenses and assistance finding housing.
TO APPLY, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.