Human Foosball 2024
Come play a giant Human Foosball game in Center Street Marketplace Park on February 22! Kids 5-17 can play for free from 1PM-2PM. Our free Teen Tournament from 2:30PM-4:30PM. The paid tournament for adult teams runs from 5:30PM to 8:30PM. The cost is $50 for each team of 6 players. There is no cost for the teen tournament. Spectators can watch all games for free. Please send a check to Come Alive Outside, P.O. Box 267 Rutland Vt 05702 or scroll down to enter a credit card via PayPal. Teams must pre-register to compete and the registration form is below.
All proceeds from the tournament will benefit Come Alive Outside.
- Two teams compete against each other to score the most goals in 10 minutes.
- Each team consists of 6 players in 3 different rows that must face the opposing team’s goal at all times: 1 goalie, 3 mid-fielders and 2 forwards. See diagram below.
- Teams are allowed up to four spare players, who may only substitute at half time.
- 6 poles are laid cross the arena with a sleeve over each. The sleeve allows the players in each row to move laterally along the pole, but not forward or backward.
- The game is played in two 5-minute halves, with a 2-minute half-time between each.
- Teams change sides at half-time. Players may change positions at this point.
- All Players must sign a waiver at the Come Alive Outside tent before they play.
- Players must keep both hands on handles at all times.
- One foot must be touching the ground and shoulders must be above the bar at all times.
- Players can block with any part of their body, as long as hands are kept on the bar.
- Play continues until a penalty occurs, a goal is scored, or the timer runs out.
- Players can only move laterally from side to side. Mid –Fielders and Forwards must work together to move side to side. Teamwork is key!
- Any player who takes their hands off of the handles or makes contact with another player will result in a penalty shot for the other team.
- Penalty shots are taken by the opposing goalie, with all players on the court locked in place.
- If the ball goes is kicked out of bounds, it will be given to the other team at mid field.
- The goal of human foosball is to have an awesome time. Any whining, complaining or unsportsmanlike conduct will be deemed officially uncool and frowned upon!