Nature is Magical!
Come Alive Outside and Partners for Prevention are celebrating the magical wellness benefits of nature with Harry Potter-themed activities and events at Rotary Park in Rutland on July 23.
From 10am-1pm, wizards, witches and muggles of all ages can delight in free activities led by community organizations and businesses. Make your own wand, create a horcrux or even play a game of water-balloon quidditch. Would-be wizards can also walk the muggle mile and see how many items on the marauder’s map they can find. Costumes are encouraged for everyone, and the best costume will win a prize. There is no entry fee for participants.
The muggle mile walk is at 10:30am. Costume judging takes place at noon. Come enjoy the magic of nature!
Activities and Guests:
- Come Alive Outside’s Muggle Mile Group Walk and Scavenger Hunt
- Partners for Prevention’s Galaxy Jars,
& Wheel of Wizardry
- Rutland Free Library’s Animal Facts and Book Bike
- Heritage Family Credit Union presents Gringotts Bank
- Wonderfeet Kids Museum Sorting Hat Button Station
- Mountainside Mutts: How to Train Your Dragon
- GreenSpell Teaches Herbology
- Miss Vermont and Miss Vermont Outstanding Teen hostWater Balloon Quiddich
- Wild Kind presents the Tri Wizard Tournament
- Rutland County Solid Waste District transforms into the Ministry of Rubbish
- Wand Making
- Affirmations and Horcruxes
- Dark Culinary Arts
Registration is still open. We appreciate but don’t require an R.S.V.P.
- Frickin’ Chicken Food Truck (Cash Only)
- Butterbeer for sale (Cash and Square)
- K & E Shaved Ice (Cash Only)
Food vendors only take cash. Nearby ATMs:
Mac’s N Main (Citgo) 145 N Main St, Rutland, VT 05701
Tenneybrook 217 N Main St, Rutland, VT 05701
Parking is at 175 N Main Street, Rutland VT in the Rotary Park Parking Lot.
Overflow Parking will be at:
157 North Main Street, Rutland, VT (New England Air Systems)
112 Lincoln Ave, Rutland, VT 05701 (Christian Science School)
LIMITED Accessible Parking at:
Griswold Drive at 15th North Street, Rutland VT
Event Filming Notice
There will be a film crew capturing this event for promotional purposes to support Come Alive Outside and our partners SNAP Ed and the Vermont Dept of Health. By entering and by your presence here, you consent to your likeness as well as the likeness of your child, to be photographed, filmed and/or otherwise recorded and used for promotional purposes.
Contact [email protected] withany questions.
Have fun and thank you for your help!